Reviews on major websites:
3/5 stars on New Egg
Available? No – out of stock as of Sept 7, 2018
Virtual Reality Ready – this motherboard is ready to be used with virtual reality hardware. VR ready really only means that the mainboard is capable of hosting a video card with dual HDMI ports.
CPU support: AM4 A series CPUs & Ryzen. This motherboard will work with first generation Ryzen processors. Consumers and site visitors have reported problems updating the BIOS, in order for it to work with Ryzen 2 chipsets. Some users have reported that they needed to buy an old CPU, upgrade the BIOS firmware and then purchase a newer processor in order to effectively “move up” to the new chipset. Keep in mind that without a working processor, you cannot update the BIOS on the board.
1070 and 1080 Geforce GPU Compatibility – This motherboard will work with the latest Geforce GTX 1050, 1060, 1070 and 1080 video cards. The motherboard supports both SLI and AMD CrossFireX, so you can put two 1070 cards for instance in a SLI pair. Keep in mind you will need a large power supply for running high end dual video cards in bridged SLI or CrossFire mode.
12 x USB 3.1 ports – The ASRock X370 Killer SLI Motherboard hosts a slew of available USB ports.
PCIe: 2 x PCIe 3.0 x 16, 4 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 1 M.2 (Key E)
6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3), 1 M.2 (PCIe Gen2 x2 & SATA3)
Intel Gigabit LAN
Steel PCIe slots
What people are saying about the ASRock X370 Killer SLI Motherboard:
- Product shipped with 1 year old bios
- Incompatible with new AMD Ryzen CPU, have to buy old CPU just to update BIOS
- Mail in rebate problems with consumers – multiple issues reported on new egg reviews with mail in rebate window
- Which is only 10 days from point of purchase (sounds like scam from many users)
- Some users report overclocking problems
- Many users report BIOS problems
- Some users report board DOA on arrival and then also having problems with MIR (mail in rebate)